Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: best way to keep super 8 cartridges before and after shooting ?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Xuoan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi,

    I will shoot in a few days my first super 8 short movie in Paris, France. I interrogate myself about how to keep my super 8 cartridge before and after shooting...

    Some guys from the crew are telling me that I can keep them in the fridge or not... that doesn't really matter. But in fact, I want the best condition for my super 8 films not only what is decently working.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I've put my Tri-X cartridges in a closed tupperware in the fridge which is around 10?C. Should I keep them there ?

    Each day of shoot, a buddy will bring the exposed film to the lab. But I may shoot other cartridge after this time, as the lab is closing early. Should I also keep my exposed film in the fridge before bringing them to the lab on the next day ?

    Thanks to anybody who may have the patience to read my message and also to those who will help me ! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Cheers from France

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ January 08, 2004 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Xuoan ]</font></font>

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 08, 2004 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Xuoan ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Keep the film cold before and after shooting if/when possible.

    One thing to keep in mind is that you don't want to shoot the film while it is still cold. Let it warm up for about 2 hours before up put it in the camera.

    Good Luck

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Xuoan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you for your advice Nigel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •